July 6, 2013

Seasons Blog Hop Reveal is Finally Here!

Welcome to the "Seasons" Blog Hop! I can't wait to see what these talented ladies made!  Just a quick recap: each participant was sent a bead kit with a theme of one of the four seasons (there was room left for creative interpretation as well). Participants were instructed to use these beads in conjunction with other beads on their bead table (but to not purchase new beads).  Each participant would then create jewelry that reflected a season of the year, or a "season" in their life (first love, college days, etc).

What did I make for the hop? I created a bracelet I call "Winter Stars". The jasper and hematite remind me of a frigid Winter night sky, and frosty snow.  Those of you who know me may recall that creating wrapped dangles is not my favorite thing, so I was proud that I managed to pull this off. 



Of course there is a giveaway!  Just leave one comment on this post (by midnight EST on July 13th, 2013) to be entered. US/Canada only, please. If you would consider joining my blog as well, I would be pleased as punch! What is the prize? A nifty bead mix consisting of goodies from my bead stash! I will draw a name on July 14th, 2013. Please make sure I have some way to reach you.

Now, please check out all of the jewelry awesomeness created by the participants:

Your Hostess: Lisa Lodge, Grateful Artist

Kathy Zeigler Lindemer, Bay Moon Design

Cassi Paslick, Beads: Rolling Downhill

Stephanie Sanner Haussler, PixyBug Designs

Leah Mifflin Tees, My Beady Little Eyes

Karin Slaton, BackStory Beads

Audrey Belanger, Dreams of an Absolution

Lori Jean Poppe, Lorillijean Creative Corner

Karla Morgan, Texas Pepper Jams

Christine Stonefield, Sweet Girl Design

Eleanor Burian-Mohr, The Charmed Life

Alicia Marinache,  All the Pretty Things

Veralynne Malone, Designed by Vera

Kay Thomerson, Kayz Kreationz

Mary Govaars, MLH Jewelry Designs


Lennis Carrier, Windbent

Erin Kenny, Beadifultherapy

Tanya Goodwin, A Work in Progress

Cilla Watkins, Tell Your Girlfriends

Renetha Williams Stanziano, Lamplight Crafts

Christie Searle Murrow, Charis Designs Jewelry

Sierra Barrett, Giraffe Can Has

Melissa Trudinger, Bead Recipes

Shirley Jones Moore, Beads and Bread

Dawn Horner, Northern Adornments

Charlene Bausinger Jacka, Clay Space


Candida Elkins Castleberry, Spun Sugar Beadworks

Miranda Ackerley, Daze and Days

34 comments:

  1. Your piece is lovely and captures the season of winter beautifully.

    Thank you for offering a giveaways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for organizing such a fun event, and challenging us to stretch ourselves creatively, Lisa. The combination of jasper and hematite in your bracelet is pure magic. It may have been inspired by Winter stars, but it would be my go-to piece any season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bracelet Lisa, and yes, I'd say you pulled it off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, I'm totally with you on wrapped loops, and so very thrilled with what you made! I love that color contrast! This has truly been a fun challenge, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a fan of making dangles either, but I love the way they move. Your bracelet is awesome and the dangles do look like little stars.

    Thanks for hosting the blog hop. I always enjoy the beads and the hopping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesomely wrapped loops and dangles, Lisa. And thank you for hosting another fun hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very wintery look for your bracelet and your wraps look great. I saw a post you did I think it was on facebook saying you were using heavier gauge wire and I know that I enjoy making wrapped loops much better if the wire is a 22-24 gauge! Wish I could have joined in the fun...maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad I came back, my first comment didn't survive the trip to the mighty internet :)

    The bracelet is beautiful (and you know I am not fond of black, but you created a wonderful piece).
    Thanks for another fun challenge - I loved every moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your spectator bracelet is beautiful! Love the style, the pretty dangles, Lisa. The gems are luscious and rich! So glad we share "winter" ! Gracias for hosting a lovely hop :)

    Love always,
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely Gorgeous, Lisa!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful bracelet. Black and white goes with so many outfits. Nice job with the wraps.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's absolutely lovely, Lisa! I would wear it year-round. I'm not a huge fan of wrapping dangles, either, but you did great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Did I cheat? I definately bought beads...it's an addiction! I think you did a lovely job on your wirewrapped dangles.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful bracelet and rockin danglies! Pretty please count me in for this awesome giveaway! Thanks!

    Angi Mullis dj2isme@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful bracelet. I don't know exactly what it is about black/white but it's soooooo darn sexy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lisa, thanks for hosting this fun blog hop! I also loved the beads you sent me!

    Your bracelet truly looks "wintery", but also would go great with a little black dress & a night out to the "theatre"!

    Great job with the dangles & the wrapped loops! They're aren't my favs either but yours look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely bracelet Lisa! I hate the wrapped dangles too, not enough patience! Thanks for a great challenge and blog hop, looking forward to the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the black & white theme and it does remind me of cold weather

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's a lovely little bracelet, Lisa ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice bracelet! I'm with you on the wire wrapping thing. I just need to find the time and patience to practice more. I'm off to hop now.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just what we need is a wintery theme on a hot summer day. Love your bracelet and you did great on your dangles. I've been following your blog for awhile and always love your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lisa, thanks for hosting another fun hop!! I love your Winter Stars bracelet with the many dangles - beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You made a great bracelet, Lisa. You did a great job on the dangles, too, since they're not your favorite thing to do. I like it for winter or any other time of the year. Thanks for hosting a great hop. It was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful bracelet, Lisa. And thanks for hosting this hop --there isn't anything much better than getting a beautiful mix of beads and being required to make some jewelry :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your bracelet! t definitely has a cool winter night feeling to it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. The bracelet is beautiful. It really reminds me of winter. You did great on the dangles.

    ~cryssT

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a gorgeous bracelet Lisa! And I think that I am following your blog, I am just so far behind on my blogs right now as I am into a book reading kick right now.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love your bracelet and the theme you decided to use. Winter nights can be so pretty, but they're SO COLD! (I live in Wisconsin, LOL).

    <3,
    Andrea
    zenithjade AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I like the bracelet. Thank you for hosting this blog hop! I finally finished hopping. So many designs and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wisconsin -- Alaska -- not all that different, probably, except that we have fewer beads stores.

    Love your bracelet, and I'm doing to try to find out about the Summer Color Surprise Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a cool bracelet. It really does remind me of the winter nights. Thanks for the blog hop, I enjoyed visiting so many talented people.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Really nice bracelet. Congrats on a successful blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love all the entries!!! Great bracelet and thanks for sharing this event!

    ReplyDelete